Awakening by Julliette1919

Monday 24 January 2011

The enneagram

I have been hearing good stuff about this enneagram for a few months but wasn't that impressed with an online test I took. I never did believe that human beings could or should be pigeon-holed. I suspect that if you can find 6 or 7 traits you could just as easily find a million or two.
Just spent tonight taking various enneagram tests and I have to admit the accuracy of the predictions made has been mind-blowing.
Best of all, it gives very simple tips on overcoming problems.
I am a Type 5 or Investigator. this means that at my best I am perceptive, cerebral, alert and curious about the world. I need to be knowledgable and independent to be happy. I also need a peaceful, easygoing environment. All true.
The unhealthy aspects involve becoming detached from the real world and retreating into the perceived safety of my own thoughts. Quite a timely warning as I have been out of work due to a fractured wrist and I do not relish going back into the world again.
If interested, I think this test is excellent,
http://www.similarminds.com/test.html

No comments:

Post a Comment